When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
- On your computer, open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More Clear browsing data.
- Select a time range, like Last hour or All time.
- Select the types of information you want to remove.
- Click Clear data.
Learn how to change more cookie settings in Chrome. For example, you can delete cookies for a specific site.
In other browsers
If you use Safari, Firefox, or another browser, check its support site for instructions.
What happens after you clear this info
After you clear cache and cookies:
- Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in, you’ll need to sign in again.
- Some sites can seem slower because content, like images, needs to load again.
How cache & cookies work
- Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing data.
- The cache remembers parts of pages, like images, to help them open faster during your next visit.