You can add alternate email addresses to your account and use them to sign in, recover your password, and more.
To add an alternate email address to your Google Account, just follow these steps:
- Sign in to your account at accounts.google.com.
- At the top, click Security.
- In the Recovery & alerts box, click Edit next to Recovery email.
- Click Add alternate email address.
You should then receive a message at your alternate email address, containing a verification link. Click the link so you can begin signing in to your account with your alternate address.Can't find our verification message? Read our troubleshooting tips.
A few things to remember when adding alternates:
- You can't use a Gmail address as an alternate.
- You can't use an email address that's already the primary address on another Google Account.
Learn how alternates work across different products.