Use Gmail to access your Google Account
If you use Gmail, you already have a Google Account. With a Google Account, you have access to free Google products like Drive, Docs, Calendar, and more.
To sign in to your Google Account (or any Google product):
- Go to the sign in page of the product (for Google Accounts it is myaccount.google.com).
- Enter your Gmail username (everything that appears before '@gmail.com').
- Enter your password.
Common issuesI don't think I have a Gmail account
New Google Accounts come with Gmail, so you should already have a Gmail address if you've created your account recently.
If you never created a Gmail account, you can sign up for free. To create a Gmail account:
- Go to Gmail.com.
- Select More options Create an account.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
If you already have a Google Account and deleted your Gmail account, you can add Gmail to your current Google Account.
To add Gmail:
- Go to mail.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Follow the onscreen information to add Gmail to your account.
When you add Gmail, your Gmail address will become the primary username on your account. It will be what others see when you share information, such as documents or photos, from your Google Account. Your original email address will become the recovery address on your account.
If you have more questions, visit the Gmail Help Center.