Create a replacement Google Account
If you can't sign in to your Google Account, go to the Account support page. As you complete the steps, follow these tips to increase your chances of getting back in to your account.
If you still can't get into your account, create a new one.
Why can't I get into my old account?
We couldn't be sure that you're the owner. To keep accounts safe, we can't give access to them if we can't confirm who the owner is.
When you answer recovery questions, follow these tips.
I want to close my lost account
Accounts can't be closed unless the owner signs in.
Create a new Google Account
Go to the create your Google Account page.
- Choose a new username: Usernames aren't recycled, so your old email address isn't available. Create a similar email address by adding a small variation, like a number on the end of your username.
- Create a password: Follow these tips to create a strong password.
- Add recovery options: If you forget your password in the future, you'll get help signing back in.
Add recovery info & keep it updated
If you add a backup phone number or email address, you can get help when signing in to your account. If you ever change your phone number or close your old email address, be sure to update your recovery info.
- Add or update your recovery phone
- Add or update your recovery email
- If you change your backup email address, forward email from your old backup email.
Learn more about setting up recovery info.
Make your account more secure
If you see any suspicious activity in the future, follow these tips to make your account more secure.
Let a password manager remember your password
You can use your browser or other tools to remember your passwords.
- Save passwords on Chrome
- Remember passwords in Firefox
- Manage passwords on Macs
- Purchase and install password manager software
Update your contacts
Let your family, friends, and other contacts know that you have a new email address.
Get your old documents or photos
Contact your family, friends, or colleagues about any documents or photos you shared with them. Ask them to share the following items with your new Google Account:
If you have photos on your phone or camera, back photos up to your new account.