Learn about the new Google sign-in page
The page to sign in to your Google Account looks a little different but still works the same way.
What's the same
- The steps to sign in haven't changed. You enter the same information you usually do, like your email address and password.
- You use your account to sign in securely to the same Google services as before.
Why the page changed
The new sign-in page:
- Has a cleaner, simpler look.
- Makes the sign-in process faster.
- Is consistent across computers, phones, and tablets.
Where the change happened
The new sign-in page shows up on computers, phones, and tablets. You'll see it when you sign in to a Google app or a Google service on a browser, like Chrome.
You might still see the old sign-in page in these cases:
- You use an older version of a browser
How to help keep your account secure
To take extra steps to strengthen your account's security:
- Do a Security Checkup to review security settings and activity.
- Visit the Safety Center to find out about online security and privacy tools.
If you sign in on a device that's not yours, learn how to browse in private to help protect your account.
- On your Android phone or tablet, sign out on a browser app, like Chrome.
- Below the list of accounts, select Remove an account.
- Next to an account, select Remove .
- Optional: If you've signed in on other browsers, like Firefox, repeat these steps for each.
To remove an account from Google apps, learn how to remove an account from your device.
- On the bottom, select the current language.
- Choose a language.
To change your preferred language across Google services, go to the language section of your Google Account.
If you've set up a password manager to save your username or password, check their website for help. Password managers can be part of browsers (like Firefox) or separate software.
If you have questions
If you want to know more about the new sign-in page, visit the Help Forum.