Sign in with your phone number instead of a username
You can sign in to your Google Account with your phone number on any sign-in screen with an "Email or phone number" field.
This option gives you another way to sign in if you don't remember your username.
Use your phone number to sign in
You can sign in with your phone number if you've added it to your Google Account.
To sign in this way:
- On any Google sign-in screen with an "Email or phone number" field, enter your phone number.
- Select Next.
- Finish signing in as you usually do.
You might have added a phone number when you created your Google Account, set up your device, or updated your settings.
To make sure your current number is connected to your account:
- Sign in to the My Account "Phone" page with your username or email address.
- From here you can:
- Add a phone number: Under "Recovery phone," select Add recovery phone. (We recommend that you add a recovery phone number if you haven't already.)
- Change your phone number: Next to your number, select Edit . In the box that appears, choose Update number.
- Enter your phone number. Use a number that:
- Belongs only to you
- You don't use on another Google Account to sign in or connect with others on Google services, like Hangouts or Photos
- Follow the instructions.
Important: If you see "Number not verified" next to your number, select Verify now and follow the instructions.
If you get an error message that says "Couldn't find your Google Account," your phone number might not be connected to your account.
Follow the steps to add your phone number.
If you can't sign in with your phone number, sign in with your username or email address.
Ashley is an Accounts expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about how to improve it.