If you've added an alternate email address to your account, you'll see it displayed under Email on the Account settings page.
To edit your alternate email address:
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Under “Personal info,” select Email.
- Under "Other emails," select Edit.
- Type in a new email address, or remove unwanted email addresses.
- Select Save.
Keep in mind that nicknames aren't unique, meaning that one nickname can be attached to several Google Accounts. You can't sign in to your Google Account with your nickname.
To edit your nickname:
- Sign in to your account.
- Under “Personal info,” select Nickname.
- Enter a new nickname or delete your current nickname if you don't want one at all.
- Select Done.
If you previously used Gmail but later removed it from your Google Account, your old Gmail username will still appear on your Google Dashboard. You can still sign in to your Google Account with this username, but you won't be able to get to your inbox. Learn how to reinstate Gmail for your account.
If you join a Google Group, you'll be asked to enter a nickname to use with that group. You can see this nickname under "My groups" if you sign in to Google Groups. Keep in mind that you can't sign in to your Google Account with this nickname.
To change your Google Groups username:
- Sign in and select “My groups.”
- Next to your username, select Edit.
- In the pop-up window, select Edit and type in the name of your choice.
- Select Save.
Note: Any changes you make to your nickname in Google Groups won't be reflected on the My Account page.
Kaley is on the Accounts support team and author of this help page. Please leave suggestions below on how to improve her article.