Verify your Google Account
Verification by email
When you create a Google Account, we'll send a verification link to the email address you used to create the account. Click the link in that email to verify that you own this address. If you don't verify your address, you may not be able to access certain Google products or features.
If you're not sure whether your account is verified, you can find out by signing in to the Google Accounts homepage . You'll see a message asking you to verify your account if it has not yet been verified.
If you already clicked the link to request a verification email, but you haven't yet received it, please check our troubleshooting steps.
Verification by OpenID
If you use a Yahoo! email address to sign up for a Google Account, you'll have the option of verifying that address by signing into Yahoo! with your Yahoo! email address and password. This safe, secure verification is possible because Google and yahoo.com support OpenID , which helps you verify that it's really you on participating websites.
How to verify with OpenID:
- Sign up for a Google Account with a Yahoo! address (including any address ending in yahoo.com, ymail.com, or rocketmail.com).
- On the next page, click "Verify by signing in at yahoo.com."
- The Yahoo! sign-in box will appear. Enter your Yahoo! email address and password, then click "Sign in."
- A screen will appear asking if you agree to allow www.google.com to use your Yahoo! ID to share your Yahoo! info. Click "Agree" if you would like to proceed.
- You're done! With a verified Google Account, you now have access to a variety of products and features.