Unable to sign in to your Google Account: Delete cookies
If you’ve been sent to this page after trying to access your Google Account, you probably need to clear your browser's cache and cookies before you sign in.
Cookies, which are files created by websites you’ve visited, and your browser’s cache, which helps pages load faster, make it easier for you to browse the web.
Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies means that website settings (like usernames and passwords) will be deleted and some sites might appear to be a little slower because all of the images have to be loaded again.
How to clear cache and cookiesGoogle Chrome
- Open Chrome.
- On your browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu .
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" and "Cached images and files."
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
Review and follow the instructions provided by your browser:
Tip: If web pages aren’t displaying correctly, you can try using your browser’s incognito or “private browsing” mode to see if the problem is caused by something other than cache or cookies.
Kaley is on the Accounts support team and author of this help page. Please leave suggestions below on how to improve her article.