To use your Google Account on a browser (like Chrome or Safari), turn on cookies if you haven't already.
Important: If you get a message that cookies are turned off, you need to turn them on to use your account.
In the Chrome app
Cookies are automatically turned on and stay on. Learn how to clear cookies.
In the Safari app
- Follow the instructions to turn cookies on or off.
- Wait 5 minutes and open the Safari app.
In other browser apps
For instructions, check the support website for your browser.
Why cookies are helpful
Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing information. With cookies, sites can:
- Keep you signed in
- Remember your site preferences
- Give you locally relevant content
If you can't use your Google Account and get a message that cookies are turned off:
- Follow the steps above to turn on cookies.
- Try signing in again.
If you still get the error message, here are some possible solutions. Try each one, then try signing in.
- Open a new browser window.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies. Learn how to clear cache and cookies.
- Browse in private. Learn how to browse privately in Chrome.
- Change your browser's privacy settings. Learn how to change privacy settings.