Delete your Gmail service
If you don't want your Gmail address and emails anymore, you can remove them from your Google Account. Deleting them won't delete your entire Google Account.
What happens when you delete your Gmail service
- Your emails and mail settings will be deleted.
- You can no longer use your Gmail address to send or receive email. If you change your mind, you may be able to get your Gmail address back.
- Your Gmail address can’t be used by anyone else in the future.
- Your Google Account won’t be deleted, only your Gmail service will be removed. You’ll still have your activity and purchases you made on Google Play.
- Go to Delete a Google service. You might need to sign in to your Google Account again.
- Learn how to download your data before deleting your Gmail service.
- Next to Gmail, select Delete .
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
If you change your mind, you may be able to get your Gmail address back. If it’s been awhile since you removed your Gmail service, you might not be able to get your emails back.
- Go to Gmail.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
Learn how to delete your Google Account. This action will delete your entire Google account, not just your Gmail service.
Nick is an Accounts expert and the author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about how to improve it.