Change how you get verification codes
When you sign up for 2-Step Verification, you’ll be asked if you’d like to get your verification codes by text message or voice call. However, you can always switch between the two options if you change your mind later.
- Open your Google Account. You might need to sign in.
- Under "Security" select Signing in to Google.
- Choose 2-Step Verification.
- Select Get started. You may need to sign in again.
- Under "Let's set up your phone," select the country associated with your phone number from the drop down list.
- Type in your phone number.
- At the bottom, select Text message or phone call.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?