If you've received a Gmail upgrade confirmation email, Gmail has been added to your existing Google Account. You can now sign in on the Google Accounts homepage with your Gmail username and password.
Remove Gmail from your account
If you decide not to use Gmail, you can remove it from your Google Account. After you delete your Gmail username, you can't get it back.
If you're sure you won't use Gmail in the future, follow these steps to permanently remove it:
- Open your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, click Data & personalization.
- On the Download, delete, or make a plan for your data, click Delete a service or your account.
- Click Delete a Google service. You may need to sign in to your account again.
- Click the Remove icon next to Gmail.
- Enter an existing email address to sign in with, and click Send verification email. It can't be a Gmail address.
- You'll get an email at the existing address to verify it. Your Gmail address won't be deleted until you verify the new address.