'Gmail upgrade confirmation' email
If you've received a Gmail upgrade confirmation email, this means that Gmail has been added to your existing Google Account. You can now sign in on the Google Accounts homepage with your Gmail username and password.
If you decide not to use Gmail, you can remove it from your Google Account at any time. If you're sure you won't use Gmail in the future, follow these steps to permanently remove it:
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Click Delete your account or services Delete products.
- Next to "Gmail", click Delete .
- Enter an existing email address to sign in with and click Send verification email. It can't be a Gmail address.
- You'll get an email at the existing address to verify it. Your Gmail address won't be deleted until you verify the new address.
Note: There currently isn't a way to enable your Gmail username again after it's been deleted.
Ashley is an Accounts expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about how to improve it.