If you've received a Gmail upgrade confirmation email, Gmail has been added to your existing Google Account. You can now sign in on the Google Accounts homepage with your Gmail username and password.
Remove Gmail from your account
If you decide not to use Gmail, you can remove it from your Google Account. After you delete your Gmail username, you can't get it back.
If you're sure you won't use Gmail in the future, follow these steps to permanently remove it:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
- In the top right, tap your profile picture or initial Manage your Google Account. If you don't use Gmail, go to myaccount.google.com.
- At the top, tap Data & personalization.
- Under "Download, delete, or make a plan for your data," tap Delete a service or your account.
- Tap Delete a service. You might need to sign in.
- Next to "Gmail", click Delete .
- Enter an existing email address to sign in with, and click Send verification email. It can't be a Gmail address.
- You'll get an email at the existing address to verify it. Your Gmail address won't be deleted until you verify the new address.