'Gmail upgrade confirmation' email
If you've received a Gmail upgrade confirmation email, Gmail has been added to your existing Google Account. You can now sign in on the Google Accounts homepage with your Gmail username and password.
Remove Gmail from your account
If you decide not to use Gmail, you can remove it from your Google Account. After you delete your Gmail username, you can't get it back.
If you're sure you won't use Gmail in the future, follow these steps to permanently remove it:
On your Android phone or tablet, open your device's Settings app Google Google Account.
- At the top, tap Data & personalization.
- Under "Download, delete, or make a plan for your data," tap Delete a service or your account.
- Tap Delete Google services. You might need to sign in.
- Click Delete your account or services Delete products.
- Next to "Gmail", tap Delete .
- Enter an existing email address to sign in with, and tap Send verification email. It can't be a Gmail address.
- You'll get an email at the existing address to verify it. Your Gmail address won't be deleted until you verify the new address.