Change your Google Account password
To change your Google Account password, go to the change your password page.
Or you can follow the steps listed below:
- Sign in to your Google account. If you've forgotten your password, type your username on the trouble signing in page to reset your password.
- Go to the Google Accounts security tab.
- In the Password box, click Change password.
Remember that changing your Google Account password changes it for all Google products you use, like Gmail and YouTube, so be sure to use your new password the next time you sign in.
Creating a strong password
To keep your account safe, here are a few tips on how to create a strong password:
- Use a different password for each of your important accounts, like your email and online banking accounts. Choosing the same password for each of your online accounts is like using the same key to lock your home, car and office – if a criminal gains access to one, they can break in to all.
- Use a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols in your password.
- Try using a phrase that only you know. For example, “My friends Tom and Jasmine send me a funny email once a day” and then use numbers and letters to recreate it. “MfT&Jsmafe1ad” is a password with lots of variations.
Learn more about creating strong passwords.