Provided incorrect email address
If you provided the wrong email address when signing up for your Google Account, you can change your primary email address if you are not using Gmail with your account.
If you do use Gmail with your account, you won't be able to change the username you selected when you first signed up, but you can create a new account to get the username you want.
If you don't use Gmail with your account, you can follow these steps to change the email address you use to sign in.
- Visit the Google Accounts homepage.
- Enter your username (the original, incorrect email address) and password, then click Sign in.
- If you're prompted with a message to verify your account, you can skip this step by clicking the gear icon at the top of the page and selecting Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click Edit next to Email addresses.
- Enter the correct email address and your current password.
- Click Save.
- When you receive a verification message at the correct email address, click the verification link in this message to complete the change.
Kaley is on the Accounts support team and author of this help page. Please leave suggestions below on how to improve her article.