Delete or restore a Google Account
Deleting your Google Account will affect all products associated with that account. For example, if you use Gmail with your account, you'll no longer be able to access that email. You'll also be unable to reuse your Gmail username. Before deleting your account, review the data and products associated with your account on the Google Dashboard.
Delete a Google Account
- Go to your Google Account Settings page. If you forgot your password, you can reset it.
- In the Account management card, click Delete Google Account and data. If you don't see this link near the bottom of the page, your account may have been created through an organization or company which requires different steps for deletion.
- Confirm your account deletion. To do so, you'll need to select these two options:
- "Yes, I want to delete my account."
- "Yes, I acknowledge that I am still responsible for any charges incurred due to any pending financial transaction and I understand that under certain circumstances my earnings won't be paid out."
You can safely select the latter option if you haven't used any of Google's paid products, such as AdWords and Wallet, or if you have no pending financial transactions related to these products.
Delete your Google+ profile information
If you want to keep your Google Account but only delete your public profile, you can follow these steps to delete your Google+ profile.
Restore a Google Account
If you accidentally deleted your Google Account, you have a short amount of time to try and recover it:
- Go to our password assistance page.
- Select "I'm having other problems signing in."
- Follow the steps until you see a link to verify your identity.
- Click the link to fill out our form.