Recovery email address
Your recovery address should be an email address that you use regularly.
If you use Gmail, you might have added a recovery email address to your account when you first signed up.
If you don't use Gmail, your password recovery address is the email address you used to sign up for your account (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Go to the Account settings page.
- In the “Personal info” section, select Email.
- Next to Recovery email, select Edit.
- Add your recovery email address.
- Select Done.
- We need to confirm your username after you create an address
- You can't sign in to Google
- You've forgotten your password
- You're about to run out of storage space
- We need to alert you to any unusual activity involving your address
Kaley is on the Accounts support team and author of this help page. Please leave suggestions below on how to improve her article.