Sign in to your Google Account with another email address
When you create a Google Account, you’ll automatically get a Gmail address with it. But if you’d rather use another email address to sign in, you can link a non-Gmail email address to the account, and use it to sign in, recover your password, get notifications and more.Alternate email address requirements
- You can't use a Gmail address.
- You can't use an email address that's already linked to another Google Account.
- Remember to use your Google Account password when signing in using this email address.
- Sign in to My Account.
- In the "Personal info & privacy" section, select Your personal info.
- Choose Email
- Next to "Other emails," select Edit.
- In the "Add a new alternate address" field, enter an email address you own and select Save.
We’ll send an email with a verification link to your alternate email address. You’ll need to open the email and click the link before you can begin signing in to your account with the alternate address. Please note that email delivery can take some time.
Can't find our verification message? Learn more about why this might be happening.
Here's how to remove an alternate email address from your Google Account:
- Sign in to your account at myaccount.google.com.
- Select Email in the Personal info box.
- Select Edit next to Other emails.
- Under "Change your associated email addresses," select the "X" to Remove.
See what usernames you can remove from your Google Account.
In some cases, when people share things with your alternate email address, they’ll see your primary Google Account email address (Gmail) address listed instead:
- Google Docs: when someone shares content, such as a document, with your alternate email address, your Gmail address will show instead of the alternate address.
- Google Sites: when someone shares a site with your alternate email address, your Gmail address will show instead of your alternate address.
- Calendar: When you respond to invitations forwarded from your alternate address, the event organizer will see the responses as coming from your Gmail address.
Kaley is on the Accounts support team and author of this help page. Please leave suggestions below on how to improve her article.