Sharing your data with other sites
Google allows you to share information from your Google Account with third-party websites without revealing your username and password.
This is the type of Google Account information that you can allow an app to access:
- Email address
- Country and language
- Google product information, such as your Gmail contacts, or Google Calendar
Google won't allow access to your Google Account information without your permission. You can manage these settings from your mobile device or from your desktop, although the settings pages might look different.
Manage your applications
- On your Android phone or tablet, find Google settings in one of these places (depending on your device)
- Open your device's Settings app. Scroll down, and select Google.
- Open a separate app called Google Settings .
- Tap Connected apps.
- You'll see a list of apps with access to your Google Account. To see more about an app, tap it.
- If you want to remove the app's access to your Google Account, tap Disconnect.
You can use Google Sign-in (also known as Google+ Sign-in) to sign in to apps using your Google Account. You can manage apps with access to your account.
Works across different browsers
When you give an app access to your Google Account, this automatically includes any way you'd use the app, such as:
- Over the web in a browser
- Within the downloaded app on phones or tablets
- Providing notifications and other updates when you don't have the app open
For example, if you're using an app that helps you schedule workouts with friends, it may ask for access to your Google Contacts or Calendar to recommend workout partners or times.
The app may also automatically sign you in the next time you use it.
Important: Google doesn't review or endorse third-party websites that request access to your Google Account, and takes no responsibility for those sites. If you don't trust the website that is requesting your information, you should not approve the request.
Nick is an Accounts expert and the author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about how to improve it.