When you use a Google service while you’re signed out, you might find a request from Google to make a choice about your cookies and personalization settings.
Table of contents
Before you continue to a Google service, you need to make a choice about your cookies selections and personalization settings.
- What information Google collects, why we collect it, and how we use it
- Personalization settings that let you customize how you use Google even when you’re signed out
You might see this request if:
- You don’t have a Google Account
- You have not yet set your cookie selection
- You adjusted your cookie selections for certain Google services
Your decision may affect multiple Google services and not just the one where you view this request.
When you read the request, you'll have several options.Review the request & continue to the Google service
- Select More options.
- Make a choice for each setting.
You can also go to g.co/privacytools any time.
To learn more about the settings you can change, go to the "How do I change my personalization settings?" section below.
You may see the request again if:
- You use Google on multiple devices or browsers and aren't signed in
- You clear your cookies or you've turned on browser settings that regularly clear your cookies
When you sign in to your Google Account, we can remember your account preferences and give you a consistent Google experience across all of your signed in devices.
Tip: When you're signed in, you can also manage your Google personalization settings and data saved in your Google Account. This includes things like your searches and browsing activity and places you go.
If you want to change any of your personalization settings, you can go to g.co/privacytools at any time.
Some settings are only relevant if you're signed in to your Google Account, so you'll see fewer settings to change if you're signed out.