Sign in with your backup phone
If you're having trouble signing in with your primary phone, you can always have a verification code sent to your backup phone:
- Go to the sign-in page of the Google service you want to use (for example, Gmail).
- Enter your username and password.
- Select "Don't have your phone?".
- In the box that comes up, select the option to send the code to your backup phone.
- If you have only one backup phone in your account, make sure it ends with the last two digits in the bulleted list. If you have multiple backup phones, you can select which one you want to use from the list. Once you select the correct phone number, select OK.
- Enter the code you receive on your backup phone. If you don't receive a code, you can sign in with your backup codes or select Don't have your phone? and use the "I cannot access any of my phones" option to try to get into your account.
Ashley is an Accounts expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about how to improve it.
Was this article helpful?