You can change your display to a dark background with either Dark theme or Color inversion.
Turn on Dark theme or Color inversion
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Accessibility.
- Under Display, turn on Dark theme or Color inversion.
- Dark theme applies to the Android system UI and supported apps. Colors don't change in media, such as videos.
- Color inversion applies to everything on your device, including media. For example, black text on a white screen becomes white text on a black screen. There can be issues with color quality or legibility.
Using Dark theme and Color inversion together
- Android 10 or later: If you open an app that doesn't support Dark theme, turn on Color inversion in addition to Dark theme.
- Android 9 or earlier: You can use only one of these settings at a time. For example, if you turn on Dark theme, Color inversion automatically turns off.