Text to speech output
To specify text to speech settings for your device:
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Select Accessibility, then Text-to-speech output.
- Choose your preferred engine, language, speech rate and pitch.
- Note: The default text-to-speech engine choices vary by device. Options can include Google's text-to-speech engine, the device manufacturer's engine and any third-party text-to-speech engines that you've downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- Optional: To hear a short demonstration of speech synthesis, press Play.
- Optional: To install voice data for another language, select Settings , then Install voice data. Choose the language that you want to install.