Currently available in English, French, German, Portuguese (Brazil), and Spanish (Mexico).
You can make it easier to follow what’s being said in meetings by turning on captions, which show text of the conversation.
Note: If you record a video meeting, captions are not recorded and don't appear when you play the recording.
Tip: If you record a video call, captions are not recorded and won’t appear when the recording plays.
Turn captions on or off
- On your computer, go to Google Meet.
- Join a video call.
- At the bottom, click Turn on captions or Turn off captions .
Change the language
- At the bottom of the video call screen, click Menu Captions .
- Choose a language Apply.
- Captions stay on for all future video calls, until you turn them off.
- The language you choose is set to default, until you change it again.