You can make it easier to follow what’s being said in meetings by turning on captions, which show text of the conversation.
Note: If you record a video meeting, captions are not recorded and don't appear when you play the recording.
You can use captions in English in all locations.
- If you're in the Asia Pacific or European regions, you can use captions in: English, French, German, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain).
- If you're in North America or Latin America, you can use captions in: German, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Mexico).
Tip: If you record a call, captions will not appear on the recording.
Turn captions on or off
- On your computer, go to Google Meet.
- Join a video call.
- At the bottom, click Turn on captions or Turn off captions .
Change the language
- At the bottom of the video call screen, click Menu Captions .
- Choose a language Apply.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.