You can present your entire screen or a specific window in a meeting to share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and more.
Want to give more interactive and engaging presentations? Check out these 10 Google Workspace tips for great presentations.
Note: Allow notifications when prompted. The notifications tell you when your screen is visible.
What you can present:
Share and present during a video meeting
Present during a video call
To present your mobile screen to all video call participants, start a broadcast:
- Join a video call.
- Tap the screen More .
- Tap Share screen Start Broadcast.
Tip: You can present your screen during someone else's presentation. If you start to present, their presentation will pause.
To stop presenting your mobile screen, stop a broadcast:
- On your video call screen, tap Stop sharing Ok.
Join only to present
- Open the Meet app :
- Tap a video call from your upcoming meetings.
- To enter a meeting with a code or nickname, tap Join with code.
Tip: You can only use nicknames with people in your organization. Meeting nicknames are currently only available to Google Workspace users.
- Instead of Join, tap Share Screen.
- In the "About screen sharing" window, tap Continue.
- In the video call, tap Start Broadcast.
Tip: You can present your screen even if someone else is already presenting.
Google Workspace for Education users
Prevent participants from sharing their screen
To turn screen share on or off
- In a meeting, tap the screen Menu .
- Tap Meeting safety .
- On the bottom, turn Share their screen on or off.