To schedule a meeting in Google Calendar, go to Get started with Calendar.
You can start a new video meeting on the fly from Google Meet or Gmail.
Before you begin
- Make sure you're signed in to a Google Account or Google Workspace account.
- Review the requirements for Google Meet.
Start a new video meeting
Schedule a video meeting from Google Calendar:
It's easy to schedule a Meet video meeting in Google Calendar—just create an event and add your guests to it. A video meeting link and dial-in number (if you are a Google Workspace user) is added to a Calendar event either by inviting one or more guests to the event, or by clicking Add conferencing.
Note: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request. For meetings organized by a personal Google Account, only the meeting creator can admit these participants.
Steps are as follows:
- In Calendar, create an event.
- Click Add guests and enter the names or email of the people you want to invite.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to notify guests.
Schedule a video meeting from Microsoft® Outlook®:
To schedule a meeting with Outlook®, go to Add Meet video meetings to Outlook.
Schedule a video meeting in another scheduling system:
- Start a video meeting from Gmail or Meet (steps below).
- Copy the meeting details to an event created in your scheduling system.
- Go to Google Meet.
- If you want to start a new meeting, click New Meeting. Choose an option:
- Create a meeting for later: To share the meeting details with participants for a future meeting, copy the meeting link and share with participants. To directly start the meeting with this link, paste the link into a browser, or enter the link into the “Enter a code or link” field click Join.
- Start an instant meeting: Create a new meeting and join the meeting directly.
- Schedule in Google Calendar: To schedule a meeting, you’ll be directed to Google Calendar.
- Tip: Google Workspace Essentials users can't schedule a meeting in Google Calendar.