Switching to Sheets from Microsoft Excel
1. Access Google Sheets
In this section:
You can open Sheets in any of the following ways:
Have multiple Google Accounts? Quickly switch between them with Chrome profiles.
Note: Don’t have Chrome Browser yet? See instructions on how to install Chrome.
- In Chrome Browser, in the top-right corner next to the address bar, click your profile image.
- Click Manage People.
- Click Add Person.
- Enter a name, choose an image, and click Add.
- Sign in with the Google Account you're adding.
All settings and bookmarks automatically sync.
- Click your profile image and choose a different profile to switch between accounts.
If you’re unsure which account you’re currently using, click your name and see which profile is at the top.
If you’re not using Chrome, follow your browser’s instructions to bookmark sheets.google.com.
If you’re using Microsoft® Windows®, you can add a shortcut to Sheets on your desktop.
- Go to your desktop and right-click.
- Choose NewShortcut.
- For the location, enter https://sheets.google.com.
- (Optional) To name your shortcut, enter a name.
- Click Finish.
When you turn on offline access, your most recent files are automatically saved for offline use.
To learn how to access files offline from your desktop or mobile, see Access stored Drive files without the internet.