Images and videos capture and keep your audience’s attention. Graphs summarize complex information easily and quickly. Adding visuals is a quick and easy way to enhance presentations, and they’re built right in Google Slides.
In this section, you learn how to:
Choose an option:
- Drag an image from your desktop into a slide.
- Click Add image or select InsertImage and choose where to get your image from. Double-click an image to add it.
- At the bottom of your presentation, click Explore . Search for text related to the image you want. Click Images, then hover over an image and click Add .
- Click InsertVideo.
- Choose an option:
- On the Search tab, enter your search terms and click Search .
- On the By URL tab, enter the URL of the YouTube video.
- On the Google Drive tab, select My Drive, Shared with me, or Recent. Choose a video from the results that appear or enter your video details in the Drive search box.
- Click Select.
To add a bar graph, pie chart, or other types of graphs to a slide, click InsertChart and select an option.
You can also insert and edit charts directly in Google Sheets in your presentation.
Transitions make moving from one slide to the next a little more interesting, by fading or sliding into the next slide. Animations make shapes, images, or text boxes dynamic—they can fade in or out, appear and disappear, or fly in and out with the click of a button.
Add transitions to a slide or presentation:
|Select the slide you want to add a transition to.|
|Click the arrow next to Slide.|
|Select the type of transition.|
|(Optional) To apply the transition to the entire presentation, click Apply to all slides.|
|(Optional) To test the transitions, click Play.|
Animate text, images, or shapes in a slide:
|Select the object you want to animate and select InsertAnimation, or right-click the selected image, shape, or text box and select Animate.|
|Select the type of animation.|
|Select when to start the animation.|
|Specify an animation speed.|
|(Optional) To animate other objects on the same slide, select the object and click Add animation.|
|(Optional) To test the animations, click Play.|
Animations are played in the order they appear in the Animations pane. To change the order, drag an animation up or down in the list.