Get started with Slides
6. Print and download a presentation
If you need a printout, another format, or copies of your presentation, Slides can do that, too.
In this section, you learn how to:
To print your presentation from the editor, click FilePrint or click Print .
In the preview that appears, you can scroll through your document on the right, or choose print options on the left.
To download your presentation so it can be opened by other programs:
- Click FileDownload as.
- Choose one of the following formats:
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® (.pptx)
- ODP (.odp)
- Text file
- Adobe® PDF
- Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg)
Copying a Slide is useful for creating templates. For example, if you create a lot of pitch decks, make copies of one pitch deck. Then, update each copy for a new pitch without having to format it again.
- Click FileMake a copy.
- (Optional) You can rename the copy, change where you save it in Drive, and share it with the same collaborators.
If you need to collaborate with someone on your presentation in your old program or format, such as PowerPoint or PDF, you can email it as an attachment.
- Click FileEmail as attachment.
- Select a format.
- Enter the email addresses or Groups you want to send copies to.
- (Optional) Enter a message.
- Click Send.
Note: This sends a copy of the presentation instead of sharing the original, so you won’t be able to use Slides’ collaboration tools.