Shared drives are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere, from any device.
Unlike files in My Drive, files in a shared drive belong to the team instead of an individual. Even if members leave, the files stay exactly where they are so your team can continue to share information and get work done.
Common uses for shared drives:
- Projects—For people involved in the same project.
- Events—For people working for a defined period on a specific event or deliverable.
- Templates—For files that people can copy and reuse.
- Company-wide files—For files everyone needs access to, such as training files.
- Sensitive files—For highly sensitive files, where you can add extra security to limit access.
What you need:
Google Workspace account. Don't have one? Start your 14-day trial today.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.