Get started with Forms Quizzes
1. Create a quiz
Start by creating a quiz from scratch or changing an existing form into a quiz.
In this section, you learn how to:
Create a new quiz:
To create a quiz from Forms, go to forms.google.com and click Blank Quiz.
To create a quiz from Drive:
Customize your quiz:
Convert a form into a quiz:
|Click Untitled question and enter your question. You get suggestions based on your type of question.|
|(Optional) To change the question type, click the Down arrow .|
|Add response options (if applicable for your question type).|
|(Optional) To specify if people must answer the question, click Required.|
To add more questions, choose an option:
|To add a new question, click Add question .|
|To add a copy of the existing question, click Duplicate .|
To identify each respondent and send quiz results or feedback, you can collect email addresses and request individual names.
To turn on email collection, click Settings Collect email address. There are 2 approaches when you’re collecting email addresses:
- Domain restricted: Automatically collects the person’s organizational email address (that they are signed in with). Select the setting Restrict to 'your organization’s' users.
- Unrestricted: People can enter any email address. Deselect the setting Restrict to 'your organization’s' users.
To collect names, create a question that asks people to enter their names. You can also create a separate section for collecting emails and names. See Track students in different periods who take the same quiz.
You can specify answers for these question types: multiple choice, checkbox, dropdown, and short answer. You can also specify how many points a correct answer is worth.
Specify correct answers and points:
- Click the question.
- Click Answer Key.
- Select or type the correct answer (or answers).
- Next to the question, enter the number of points the correct answer is worth.
- Click Edit question to go back to the question. Changes save automatically.
|Type of question:||Marked correct if respondent provides:|
|Multiple choice||Any matching answer|
|Dropdown||Any matching answer|
|Checkbox||All matching answers (if there are several)|
|Short answer||The exact answer
Note: You can automatically mark non-matching responses as incorrect by selecting the option Mark all other answers incorrect. If you don’t select this option, non-matching responses are left ungraded for you to manually review and award points.
You can add feedback for incorrect and correct answers to each question. Respondents won’t see the feedback until they get their results.
Add feedback to answers:
- Click the question.
- Click Answer KeyAdd Answer Feedback.
- Depending on the type of question, choose from the following actions:
- For questions graded automatically, add feedback under Incorrect Answers, Correct Answers, or both.
- For questions graded manually, enter general feedback. It appears for all responses.
- (Optional) To add a link:
- Click Link .
- In Link to, add the URL.
- (Optional) In Text to display, enter the text you want to appear.
- Click Save.