Now that you have a spreadsheet open, you can start working in it. Sheets automatically saves every change you make.
In this section, you learn how to:
|Rename your spreadsheet: Click Untitled spreadsheet and enter a new name.|
|Enter text or data: Click a cell and enter text.|
|Insert more items: Click Insert and add charts, images, drawings, functions, notes, and more.|
Note: You can also add a function to a cell by typing =. To see which functions are available, see the Google spreadsheets function list.
Select cells in your spreadsheet and then format them using the toolbar options.
|Undo or redo your last changes or print your spreadsheet.|
|Copy formatting from any text and apply it to another selection of text.|
|Format your data as currency or a percentage, change decimal places, and more.|
|Arial | 10||Change font or font size.|
|Make text bold or in italics, strikethrough text, or change the text color.|
|Add or change the color of cells.|
|Add or edit cell borders.|
|Change the text alignment, how text wraps, or rotate text.|
|Insert links, comments, or charts.|
|Filter your data.|
Add rows, columns, and cells:
- Select the row, column, or cell near where you want to add your new entry.
- Right-click the highlighted row, column, or cellInsertchoose where to insert the new entry.
Delete, clear, or hide rows and columns: Right-click the row number or column letterDelete, Clear, or Hide.
Delete cells: Select the cells and right-clickDelete cellsShift left or Shift up.
Move rows or columns: Select the row number or column letter and drag it to a new location.
- Select the cells.
- Point your cursor to the top of the selected cells until a hand appears.
- Drag the cells to a new location.
Freeze header rows and columns: Keep a row or column in the same place as you scroll through your spreadsheet. On the menu bar, click ViewFreeze and choose an option.
Add a sheet:
- At the bottom of your spreadsheet, click Add sheet to add another sheet.
Delete or copy a sheet:
- Open the sheet.
- At the bottom of your spreadsheet, on the sheet’s tab, click the Down arrow .
- Select Delete or Duplicate.