To get started, let’s create new contacts and contact groups.
In this section, you learn how to:
- To access your contacts and contact groups, choose an option:
- In a Chrome Browser window, click the Apps Launcher Contacts.
- In any browser window, go to contacts.google.com.
- (Optional) Click a contact name to view their details, such as email address, phone number, or a directory profile.
Note the following:
- Personal contacts appear in Contacts.
- If shared contacts are available for your domain, they appear under Directory.
- If you send an email to someone who isn’t in Contacts, they’re automatically added under Other contacts.
Add a new contact:
- Open Contacts and click Create contact.
- Enter the contact's name and add any contact information.
- (Optional) If you want to add additional information such as a nickname or their mailing address, click More fields and fill in your details.
- Click Save.
Add contacts from your organization's directory to your personal contacts:
- On the left, click Directory.
- Point to the contact and click Add to contacts .
- If you can’t see the contact you need, enter your contact’s name in the Contacts search box. Your contact should appear as you enter their details. Click the contact you’re looking for, or press Enter to see a full page of search results. Select your contact and click Add to contacts .
Use labels to organize your contacts into contact groups:
Create a new contact group label:
Add contacts to a group label:
Remove contacts from a group label:
Rename or delete a contact group label:
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.