Get started with Chrome Browser
4. Customize Chrome Browser
Personalize Chrome Browser by adding new features and background themes.
In this section, you learn how to:
Choose a background image that appears when you open a new tab.
- In Chrome Browser, at the top right, click More Settings.
- In the Appearance section, next to Themes, click Expand to open the Chrome Web Store.
- On the left, click Themes and select a theme.
- Click + Add to Chrome.
When you open a new tab, the new theme appears.
- (Optional) To return to your default theme:
- Click More Settings.
- In the Appearance section, next to Themes, click Reset To Default.
- In Chrome Browser, at the top right, click More More ToolsCreate Shortcut.
- Enter a name for the shortcut.
- (Optional) If you want the web page to open as a separate window, check the Open as window box.
- Click Create.
If you don’t want Chrome Browser to record your browsing and search histories, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode.
Note: You’ll know you’re in Incognito mode when you see Incognito at the top of your browser.
- In Chrome Browser, at the top right, click More New Incognito Window.
- Enter an address or search for a webpage.
- (Optional) To exit Incognito mode, close the tab.