Personalize Chrome browser by adding new features and background themes.
In this section, you learn how to:
Choose a background image that appears when you open a new tab.
- In Chrome browser, at the top right, click More Settings.
- In the Appearance section, next to Themes, click Expand to open the Chrome Web Store.
- On the left, click Themes and select a theme.
- Click + Add to Chrome.
When you open a new tab, the new theme appears.
- (Optional) To return to your default theme:
- Click More Settings.
- In the Appearance section, next to Themes, click Reset To Default.
- In Chrome browser, at the top right, click More More ToolsCreate Shortcut.
- Enter a name for the shortcut.
- (Optional) If you want the web page to open as a separate window, check the Open as window box.
- Click Create.
If you don’t want Chrome browser to record your browsing and search histories, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode.
Note: You’ll know you’re in Incognito mode when you see Incognito at the top of your browser.
- In Chrome browser, at the top right, click More New Incognito Window.
- Enter an address or search for a webpage.
- (Optional) To exit Incognito mode, close the tab.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.