Get Drive notifications in Chat
In Hangouts Chat, bots are special accounts you can converse with to connect with services. Software developers create bots, but every Chat user can use bots. If you use the Google Drive bot, you can get notifications in Chat about activity in your Drive.
Turn on Drive notifications
When you turn on Drive notifications, you get direct messages about the following Drive events:
Turn off Drive notifications
Choose one of the following methods:
- From Google Chat:
- On the left, click Find people, rooms, bots and enter Google Drive.
- From the list of suggestions, select Google Drive.
- Next to the Google Drive bot, click MoreTurn off notifications.
- Through a direct message:
- Send any direct message (such as "hello") to the Drive bot.
- In the response, click Turn off notifications. To turn them back on, send another direct message to the Drive bot.