- In Google Sheets, open the spreadsheet where you want to create a filter view.
- Click a cell that has data.
- Select DataFilter viewsCreate new filter view.
- Click a drop-down list in a column header and select the data you want to filter. Your filter view is saved as you make changes.
- (Optional) To search for data, enter text in the search box.
- After you select the data to filter, click OK.
- Repeat steps 4–6 for each column you need to filter.
- In the Name box, enter a name for your filter view. If you don’t enter a name, the filter view is saved as Filter number, where number corresponds to the number of filters you’ve created.
Your saved filter view now appears in DataFilter views. Filter views have dark gray highlights in the column and row headers.