Creating the same types of files over and over can be time-consuming and inconsistent across team members. Save time with templates in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms. You can choose an existing template or create your own.
Use an existing template
Choose an option:
- From Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms, at the top, select one of the featured templates. Click Template Gallery to see additional templates.
- If you already have a file open in one of the Docs editors, click FileNewFrom template and select the template you want.
- From Drive, choose an option:
- For the Docs editors, click NewGoogle Docs, Sheets, or SlidesFrom a template.
- For Forms, click NewMore Google FormsFrom a template.
Create your own template
- Choose an option:
- Create a new document, spreadsheet, presentation, or form.
- Open an existing document, spreadsheet, presentation, or form and make the changes you want for your template.
Note: If your template file is in a shared drive, check the sharing settings on the shared drive. Sharing restrictions can prevent people from accessing the template. See Share and collaborate in shared drives.
- From Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms, at the top, click Template Galleryyour organization name.
- Click Submit Template.
- Click Select a document and choose the template file you created.
- Click Open.
- (Optional) To submit a copy of the file instead of the original, check the box.
- Select a category for your file.
- Click Submit.
Your new template appears in the Template Gallery under My templates.