If you’re sharing a Google Drive file that you own, which has sensitive content, you can stop people from re-sharing, downloading, printing, or copying the file or changing access permissions.
To restrict sharing for shared drives, see Get started with shared drives.
Prevent editors from re-sharing and changing access permissions
When someone with Can edit access tries to re-share a restricted file or folder, they get an option to email you for permission to share the file. You can decide whether to share the file. If you do, the user still can’t change access permissions. They’re grayed out and not available.
Prevent commenters and viewers from downloading, printing, or copying files
Note: You can’t restrict these options on Google Sites files.
- In Drive, Docs, Sheets, or Slides, select a file that you own.
- Choose an option:
- In Drive, at the top, click Share .
- In Docs, Sheets, or Slides, click Share.
- At the bottom of the Share with others box, click Advanced.
- Check the Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers box.
- Click Save changes.
- Click Done.