If you're part of an email conversation that's no longer relevant to you, mute the conversation.
Muting keeps future responses to that thread out of your inbox so you can focus on important messages.
Mute a conversation
View muted conversations
In Gmail, choose one of these options:
- In the search box, type is:muted. Your muted conversations appear with a Muted label.
- Select All Mail on the left. Your muted conversations appear with a Muted label.
Unmute muted conversations
- In Gmail, open the email and choose one of these options:
- Click Remove label X next to Muted.
- Select the email and click More Unmute.