Add section breaks to long forms
Long surveys are overwhelming and can decrease response rates. Organize your survey with section breaks so respondents can track their progress. You can even direct them to different sections based on their answers.
- In Forms, open a form or quiz.
- Click Add section .
- Choose an option to add a question to the new section:
- To create a new question, click Add question .
- To move an existing question, hover over the question and at the top, click and drag the question under the section.
- Name the section.
- (Optional) Do any of these options:
- Under the section name, add a description.
- Add a progress bar to the form so people know how much is left to complete. Click Settings Presentation.
- Check the Show progress bar box and click Save.
- Click Preview to review the new section.
Learn how to direct people to different sections based on their answers.