Chrome Browser only
- Turn on notifications in Google Drive so you know when people share files with you or mention you in a comment.
- Notifications appear in Chrome Browser. On Android devices, notifications also appear in your Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides apps.
Turn on notifications
- In Chrome Browser, open Drive.
- Click Settings and select Settings.
- On the left, click Notifications and choose an option:
- To receive updates on your web browser, check the Get updates about Google Drive items in your browser box, and select the items you want to be notified about.
- To receive updates by email, check the Get all updates about Google Drive items via email box.
- Click Done.
- Open the Drive app.
- At the top, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Notification settings (Android) or Notifications (Apple iOS).
- Turn on Show notifications (Android) or Notifications enabled (iOS) and choose which settings you'd like to change.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.