Get started with Docs
4. Print and download files
If you need a printout, another format, or copies of your file, Docs, Sheets, and Slides can do that, too.
In this section, you learn how to:
To print your file, click FilePrint or click Print .
- For documents and presentations: In the preview that appears, you can scroll through your document on the right, or choose print options on the left.
- For spreadsheets: You can choose which sheets to print, what features to include, and which layout you want.
To download your document so it can be opened by other programs, click FileDownload as and choose one of the following formats:
- Microsoft® Word® (.docx)
- OpenDocument Format (.odt)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- Adobe® PDF Document (.pdf)
- Plain text (.txt)
- Web page (.html, zipped)
Copying a file is useful for creating templates. For example, if you write a lot of proposals, you can make copies of one proposal and then update each copy for a new project without having to format it again.
Make a copy of your document:
- Click FileMake a copy.
- (Optional) You can rename the copy, change where you save it in Drive, and share it with the same collaborators.
- Click FileEmail as attachment.
- Select a format.
- Enter the email addresses or Groups you want to send copies to.
- (Optional) Enter a message.
- Click Send.