Start a meeting from a browser, a mobile phone, a Google Calendar event that includes a video meeting link, and more.
Note: Before you start a video meeting, make sure that your meeting and device meet the requirements for Hangouts Meet.
Who can start video meetings?
To create a new Meet video meeting or add a link in a Google Calendar event, you must be signed in to a G Suite account.
Start a video meeting
Create a new event with a video meeting
When you add a guest to an event, a video meeting link and dial-in number are added automatically.
- Go to Google Calendar and create an event.
- On the Guests tab, click Add guests and enter the email addresses.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to send the invites.
Copy an existing video meeting from one event to another
You can use the same Meet conference details to schedule Calendar events.
- In Calendar, open an event that has a conference call in edit mode.
- Next to Join Hangouts Meet, click the Down arrow .
- Next to Meeting ID, click Edit and paste or type an existing Meet URL.
- Click Save.
If you need a quick answer from a team member, you can start an instant meeting in a web browser. If someone sends you a meeting link URL, simply click the link to join the call.
Note: You can send the meeting link to people outside of your organization, but someone from within your organization needs to give them access to the video meeting.
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Join or start a meeting.
- Enter a nickname or leave it blank to start your own meeting. Click Continue.
Tip: You can pick any nickname and share it with other people in your organization as a fast way to all join the same meeting.
- Click Join now.
- To add someone to a meeting, choose an option:
- Click Copy joining info and paste the meeting details into an email or another app.
- Click Add people and choose an option:
- Under the Invite section, select a name or enter an email address and click Send invite.
- Under the Call section, enter a phone number and press Call .
You can add a Meet video meeting to a Microsoft® Outlook® event or email using the Meet add-in. For details, see Add Meet video meetings to Outlook.