Start a video meeting
Start a meeting from a browser, a mobile phone, a Google Calendar event that includes a video meeting link, and more.
Create a new event with a video meeting
When you add a guest to an event, a video meeting link and dial-in number are added automatically. Alternatively, you can click Add conferencing.
Note: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request.
- Go to Google Calendar and create an event.
- On the Guests tab, click Add guests and enter the email addresses.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to send the invites.
Copy an existing video meeting from one event to another
You can use the same Meet conference details to schedule Calendar events.
- In Calendar, open an event that has a conference call in edit mode.
- Next to Join Hangouts Meet, click the Down arrow .
- Next to Meeting ID, click Edit and paste or type an existing Meet URL.
Note: You can only paste a Meet link (not a classic Hangouts link) from another Calendar event.
- Click Save.
If you need a quick answer from a team member, you can start an instant meeting in a web browser. If someone sends you a meeting link URL, simply click the link to join the call.
Note: You can send the meeting link to people outside of your organization, but someone from within your organization needs to give them access to the video meeting.
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Start a new meetingStart meeting.
- To add someone to a meeting, choose an option:
- Click Copy and paste the meeting details into an email, or other app, and send it to someone.
- Click Add people and choose an option:
- Under the Invite section, enter an email address and click Send invite.
- Under the Call section, enter a phone number and press Call .
- Open Gmail.
- At the bottom left, click Sign in (if you aren't already signed in to Hangouts).
- To search for a contact, click Add and enter the person's details.
- Click Video call .
You and your users can add a Hangouts Meet video meeting to an Microsoft® Outlook® event or email using the Hangouts Meet add-in for Microsoft Outlook. For details, see Add Meet video meetings to Outlook.