On this page
- Find & join spaces
- Send messages in a space
- Reply to a message in a space thread
- Leave or rejoin spaces
Want advanced Google Workspace features for your business?
Message everyone in the space
Your message appears to everyone in the space.
Direct message one person in a space
This starts or continues a separate Chat message with just that person.
Keep spaces focused by using separate threads for different, or off-topic conversations.
- Go to Google Chat or Gmail.
- Select a space.
- To reply, hover over the message and on the right, click Reply in thread .
- Tip: If a thread already has replies, you can click the message to open the thread panel.
- In the thread panel to the right of the space, enter your message in the message window at the bottom.
- Click Send .
When you leave a space, you can’t:
- Rejoin unless another member adds or invites you.
- Get updates on active conversation threads.
If you rejoin a space, you can view all message history. If someone removes you from a space, you’ll need to be invited again.
Tip: If the space is discoverable, you can rejoin at any time. Learn about discoverable spaces.
Leave a space
Rejoin a space
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.