Groups cheat sheet
Manage and participate in online discussions with Google Groups.
1. Access your groups, or create new ones.
- Switch from public groups to your organization’s groups.
Note: If you create a new group before switching your organization view, your group will be publicly visible and appear in Google Search results. Make sure you create your groups in the right place.
- Search for groups and messages. Find groups to join or posted information you need.
- View groups you’ve joined.
- See content you’ve posted.
- Create a new group. Create a Q&A forum for your customers, a mailing list for your team, and more.
2. Participate in group discussions.
- Post new topics or questions.
- Participate in a discussion. Click any topic to reply, print discussions, delete messages, and more.
3. Manage your groups.
- Change your Groups settings. Edit membership settings, email subscriptions, update notifications, and more.
- Manage selected topics. Close a topic to replies, delete topics, and more.*
- Manage group members. Invite or directly add new people, change members’ permissions, remove people from the group, and more.*
*Group owners and managers only
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?